Help with men's sweater binding off neck and shoulder shaping directions

Ok, so this is my second sweater and it’s the first time I’ve come across bind off directions like this and I am a bit confused. Here is the pattern (there are 70 remaining stitches when this happens):

(RS) bind off 10 Sts, pattern until there are 12 stitches on RH needle, turn and leave remaining stitches on a holder.
Bind off 2 stitches at beginning of next row.
Bind off remaining 10 Stitches
With RS facing, rejoin to remaining stitches on holder, bind off center 24 stitches at center back and pattern to end of row.
Complete to match first side, reversing shaping.

I’ve bound off the 10 initial stitches and then it gets confusing from there. I’ve knit 12 more stitches and put the remaining stitches onto a holder.

If I then go back and bind off the 2 then 10 stitches then join that remaining stitch to the stitches on holder I’ll have a huge gap, no? Please advise. And thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome to the forum!
OK, bind off the 2sts (at the neck edge) and work to the end of the row, turn and bind off the remaining 10sts and pull the yarn end through the last stitch to secure it. Cut the yarn leaving about a 6 inch tail to weave in later.
Join the yarn end to the sts on the holder and continue with the directions to bind off the center sts.

Salmonmac thanks for the welcome and for the help. I never do anything unless it says and never thought to cut and go on. I’ve followed your instructions and it looks like that is how its supposed to be so thank you! Now I can continue on with the front :slight_smile: