Help with leg warmers? ( I am a beginner)

Hey all… I am a beginner knitter. I have knitted a simple scarf and a dish towel. I seriously need help with this pattern. Is it possible for some one to break this pattern down into basic terms so that it is easier for my to follow. IE no short forms. >.<

Thanks a million. here is the pattern

CO 42 sts.

Begin Row 1 on right side (depending on your cast-on method, you may
have to knit a row before returning to the right side to start pattern)

Row 1; K1, P1, K1, P1, K7, P2 repeat from * to * 3 times, K8, P1, K1, P1

Row 2: P1, K1, P1, K1, P7, K2 repeat from * to * 3 times, P8, K1, P1, K1

Row 3: K1, P1, YO, P2tog, sl 2 to cn in back , K1, K2 from cn, K1, sl 1 to
cn in front, K2, K1 from cn, P2
repeat from * to * 3 times, sl 2 to cn in
back, K1, K2 from cn, K1, sl1 to cn in front, K2, K1 from cn, K2tog, YO, K1,
P1

Row 4: P1, K1, P1, K1, P7, K2 repeat from * to * 3 times, P8, K1, P1, K1

Repeat this sequence 20 times, or until 20 cable rows have been formed.

End by binding off loosely on Row 1.

Weave in ends and block

I know that there is a cable in there… thats where i am lost mostly. * sigh*

Thanks guys:mrgreen:

Is the problem with deciphering where the cable is? Or with the whole repeat thing?

Cable:

Row 3: K1, P1, YO, P2tog, [B]sl 2 to cn in back , K1, K2 from cn[/B], K1, [B]sl 1 to cn in front, K2, K1 from cn[/B], P2 repeat from * to * [B]3 times[/B], [COLOR=Red]sl 2 to cn in back[/COLOR], K1, K2 from cn, K1, [COLOR=Red]sl1 to cn in front[/COLOR], [COLOR=Red]K2, K1 from cn[/COLOR], K2tog, YO, K1, P1

The bold section are the cables for the first set of 3 repeats.
The red section is a second set of cables.
So, you do the K1, P1, YO, P2tog. Then start your cable, slip 2 stitches onto the cable needle and put behind your work, K1 then Knit the two stitches from the cable needle. Then slip 1 stitch to your cable needle and place it in front of your work, knit two stitches, then pick up or knit the stitch from your cable needle.
then P2…repeat this three times, then do the second cable set.
hope this helps.

CO 42 sts. (ignore the next part about which cast on method, it doesn’t matter). Turn and knit row 1 –

k p k p k7, p2, k7, p2, k7, p2, K8, P1, K1, P1

Then Row 2:
P1, K1, P1, K1, k7, p2, k7, p2, k7, p2, P8, K1, P1, K1

On row 3 you’re going to make a mini cable -

K1, P1, YO, P2tog, [put 2sts on the cable needle and hold in back of your work, K1 from the left needle, K2 from the cable needle, then K1, put 1 on the cable needle and hold in front, K2 from the left needle, then K1 from cn and P2] Do every thing in the brackets 3 more times then, put 2 on the cable needle and hold in back, K1, from the left needle, K2 from cn, K1, put 1 on the cable needle and hold in front, K2 from left needle, K1 from cn, K2tog, YO, K1, P1

Row 4 is a repeat of row 2.

Repeat these 4 rows until you have 20 cables (that’s the twist sts on row 3) and end with row 4.

Where is this pattern from?