Help with last piece of my sweater

Help!! I am totally confused by the instructions for the last part of the sweater I’m trying so hard to get finished in my lifetime. This is the first time I’ve tried to make a sweater. Up to this point I’ve kept to easy things like scarves or pouches and the like.
I am working on the RIGHT FRONT (Buttonhole side) right now.
Here’s where I get confused. I’m supposed to do the reverse of the LEFT FRONT. So do I make the purl rows knit all the way through like I’ve done in the first couple rows already.
If someone with more knowledge about how this works could re-write the directions so that I can follow them I would be eternally grateful! This is the last piece I need to finish before it’s done and it’s so frustrating that I’m stuck this close to the end.

This is the whole pattern:
http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60588.html?noImages=0

This is the part in question:

RIGHT FRONT (Buttonhole Side)
Cast on and work in rib as for Left Front. Change to larger needles.
Row 1 (RS): Sl first st holding yarn in back, k 5, sl next st holding yarn in back, k across row.
Row 2 (WS): Purl.
Row 3: Sl first st holding yarn in back, k 2, (yo, k2tog for buttonhole), k 2, sl next st holding yarn in back, k across row to last 2 sts, k2tog.
Continue to work as for Left Front, reversing shaping and placket placement and working buttonholes (yo, k2tog) to correspond to button placement on Left Front.

LEFT FRONT (Button Side)
With smaller needles, cast on 47 (57, 67) sts.
Work in k1, p1 Rib for 4 in. [10 cm]. Change to larger needles.
Row 1 (RS): Knit.
Row 2 (WS): Sl first st holding yarn in front, p 5, sl next st holding yarn in front, p across row.
Dec 1 st at beg of next RS row for side edge – 46 (56, 66) sts.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2, slipping first and 7th st on WS rows to create faux placket. Work until piece measures same length as Back to beg of armhole shaping.

Armhole Shaping
Continue as established, dec 1 st at beg of RS row every 6th row 7 (8, 9) times – 39 (48, 57) sts. Bind off. Mark for 5 buttons evenly spaced on the front placket, with first button just above Rib and last button 5 in. [12.5 cm] below bound-off edge.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

You do the [B]shaping[/B] for the right side the reverse of the left. So on the left front you did decs at the beginning of the knit row, you’ll do them either at the beginning of the purl row or the end of the knit row on the right front.

I see that now.
I’ll try again and see if I get it working :slight_smile:
Thanks!