Help with lacy sweater pattern

Hi, I’m new to this site, I have been knitting for some years, but I’m hoping you can help me with a problem with a King Cole lacy pattern.
Decreasing on this pattern, keeping the pattern correct, has been difficult and I’ve ended up with scalloped edges for the sleeves etc, which I’m thinking is going to be very difficult to sow up. The pattern number is 4102, if that helps.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to KH!
You could try decreasing one or even two sts in from the edge. Give up the lacy pattern repeat for those sts and work them in stockinette instead. That’ll give you a nicer edge for seaming and it’ll look fine with the lacy pattern.

That’s great thank you for that!
Also I have ‘discobot’, which at first seemed to be the ‘welcome’ contact on this site, inviting me to click on some dubious looking addresses. Does that mean anything to you?

I don’t know what the addresses could be. Let’s see if @Sheldon or @Jan_in_CA can help out.

@discobot is just a software robot on the forum that helps answer some basic forum usage questions such as how to post, private message, adding pics and links, etc. It will use links to wikipedia articles as examples of how to include links in a post, so they shouldn’t be anything too off.

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

Thanks, Sheldon. That’s good to know!

This is totally new to me. I’d have been afraid it would time warp me back to the 70s!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:joy::joy::joy:

Thanks Sheldon