help with knitting pattern

Part of a knitting pattern could someone please tell in layman’s terms what i am suppose to do - and what is knit wise - what does draw thread through and pull tight mean its half way through a row of 20 stitches thanks in advance

Little toe. Next: k14, turn work
Purl 4 turn work. Work with these 4 sts only
Starting with a knit row, st-st 2 rows
Draw thread through the 4 stitches and pull tight
Reattach yarn knit wise and knit to end (20 sts)

It would be a big help if you could post a link to your pattern or tell us the exact name of the pattern and the designer.

Welcome to KH!
These instructions are best worked with the sts in front of you. You’re only going to be working with a subset of all the sts on the needle for this part (4sts for the little toe). Knit 14, turn, purl 4.
Work stockinette stitch (knit one row, purl one row) for 2 rows. Then cut the yarn leaving about a 6 inch tail. Thread the yarn onto a tapestry needle and use the needle to pull the yarn through the 4 sts of the toe. (This is like closing up the top of a hat.) Pull and secure the tail to be woven in now or later.

Thank you, great tip like closing the top of a hat, it has helped a great deal now have finished my work, thank you again

hi can someone please help me with my knitting pattern.it says inc 1 st at each end of 5th and every foll 4th row until there are 32 sts. and than inc 1 st at each end of every foll 6th row until there are 48 sts on needle. I don’t know what that means. I hope someone can help me thanks x

Welcome to the forum!
How many sts do you have on the needle now?
Call the next row, row 1. Increase on rows 5,9,13,17 etc until you have 32sts on the needle. Then increase every 6 rows.
For example, if you get to 32 sts on row 21 then you would increase on rows 27, 33, 39, 45, 51, 57, 63, and 69.
Remember that you’re increasing 2sts in each increase row.

thank you very much for your help rose