Help with knitting 1st hat

I am knitting my first hat and made it all the way to the last round, don’t understand how to finish. The pattern says to “break yarn and pull through rem 8 sts”. How do you pull through the rem 8 sts. Thanks for the help.

This is the part where you use your yarn needle. when you brake your yarn make sure you have a tale long enough to finish your work. Thread that tail through the yarn needle and pull it through last 8 stitches, by taking out the knitting needle and pulling the yarn needle through all the loops. Weave in the end of the tail. I hope that helps you out.

Snelly is right. The only thing I do extra is to weave through those loops a second time around and the take it to the inside through the center of the top and then weave in the end. :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for your help. I finished the hat and it came out great. I will be trying more hat patterns in the future. :slight_smile:

I’m glad that worked for you and you are happy with your first hat. :woot: Where Snelly said,

Thread that tail through the yarn needle and pull it through last 8 stitches, by taking out the knitting needle and pulling the yarn needle through all the loops.
That would work, but I don’t take the knitting needle out of the stitches, but instead just work the sewing type needle through the stitches on the knitting needle one at a time (or a few at a time) as the stitches come to the working end of my left hand knitting needle. That way I don’t give any stitches a chance to get away from me or get in the wrong order or anything.