Help with Knit Picks Pattern

I am doing a sweater from Knit Picks called At the Lake Sweater and it is the Girls Polo. The directions and what I am turning out look nothing like the picture.

The directions for the back state to knit in a st st for 1 in then do a k2tog yo row then knit in st st for another 1 in, this forms the hem of the sweater and then you start the 8 row repeat pattern stitch.

But the picture to the sweater hem does not look anything like this. I will try to attatch a picture from their website and describe it.

The picture looks like maybe a picot edging with a very short st st, then the pattern repeat starts.

http://www.knitpicks.com/Patterns/Inside_Images.aspx?id=50572220&title=At the Lake Girl’s Polo&author=Knit Picks

I have e-mailed Knit Picks and they e-mailed me back and said they are reviewing the pattern and will get back to me.

If anyone has done this pattern and has some advice for me I would greatly appreciate it.

I agree with you, it DOES look like picot edging. I’m sorry I don’t have an answer for you but I do look forward to finding out the answer along with you.

When you fold up your hem you should have little things hanging down that look like picot, but I wouldn’t think they’d be as big as in the picture. Hmmm…

The directions for the back state to knit in a st st for 1 in then do a k2tog yo row then knit in st st for another 1 in, this forms the hem of the sweater and then you start the 8 row repeat pattern stitch

When I began reading your post and picturing what the sweater was doing and read the above I was thinking, “It starts off with a picot edge, then goes into the pattern.” That is how you make a picot edge, K2tog, YO all the way across a row. When you turn the hem up so that the K2tog, YO row is at the edge of the sweater you will have exactly what is shown in the picture of the sweater. The finishing must tell you to turn the hem up and sew it down. The directions are right as far as I can tell. The little picot on the edge didn’t look big to me, looks like a normal picot hem. :thumbsup:

I agree. The picot edge is on the fold of the hem.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Everyone. I have never come across something like this before, but when I fold the hem under it looks just like the picture. I have read the directions over and over and either I am totally missing the fold directions or they’re not on the pattern. Regardless, I LOVE this forum. You guys are the best!:woot::woohoo:

Thank you

Andrea

That’s a pretty sweater!

I’ve also seen patterns where you fold over the edge at some point shortly after the K2tog, YO row and then join your live st with cast on edge, then continue on with the body.

Look in the finishing section of the pattern. It probably tells you there how to fold and stitch the hem so you get the picot-looking edge.

I checked and double-checked the pattern and it says

Finishing:
Block all pieces.

That’s all it says, I am so glad I came here to ask you guys or I would have gone crazy!

Thanks again