Help with Joining new yarn when working in the round

All,
I always have this problem of when I’m joining new yarn in the round it leaves a hole. I am working with circs (not dpns). This happens no matter how tight I pull the yarn. I have tried knitting with tail and the working yarn for a couple of stitches but I don’t like the bulky stitches that it makes.

I have heard of a “Russian Join” but I don’t know how to do this or if this will fix it. Also have heard about switching the stitches around to close up the hole.

What’s the best way(s) to correct this. These holes are driving me nuts. Thanks so much in advance for your help! :slight_smile:

I really don’t worry about it at first. Once you get a few rounds past the join, I snug it up and weave in the 2 ends. That closes up the hole.

I twist the two ends before weaving, that seems to help too.

I usually do what Marilyn does, too. You can loosely tie them together while you’re knitting then take them apart and weave in after a few rows or at the end. One thing I do is cross the yarns (not tie) and weave in on the opposite side as it helps hold the hole together, too.

Thank you all! I’ going to try crossing the working tail and the old tail and then weave in opposite direction.

Deb