Help with Homespun Cable-Knit Pullover Sweater

I’m having trouble with the following pattern http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/khs-cablesweater.html?ss=

I’m currently trying to shape the neck on the front half of the sweater.

[B]FRONT:[/B]
Work same as back until 23" from beg, end WS. [B]Shape neck: Next Row:[/B] Keeping to pat, work 39 sts, attach new yarn and work center 16 sts place on holder, work rem sts. Working both sides at the same time with separate balls of yarn, at each neck edge bind off 2 sts 2 times, then dec 1 st every other row 3 time – 32 sts rem each side. Work even until front measures same as back to shoulder.

I just seem to have trouble understanding this, the “Shape neck” part at least.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

I tried to upload the pattern, but the file is too large.

Wow, great looking sweater!
Keep in pattern and knit the first 39sts, attach a new ball or new strand of yarn and work the next 16sts(the center neck) then slip those 16sts to a holder. Now work across the row to the end of the right side row. Turn and work the WS row on the right shoulder, drop the yarn strand, pick up the other yarn strand and bind off 2sts at the neck edge of the left shoulder and work to the end of the row. Turn and work across the left shoulder, pick up the strand for the right shoulder and bind off 2sts then work to the end of the row. Now repeat this, again binding off 2sts at each neck edge.
The same thing will work for the bind offs of one stitch every other row. Try it and if it gets confusing for the bind offs of one stitch, come on back.

So basically one ball of yarn is for the right shoulder and the other for the left? Ok. I think I may get. Thanks a bunch!!!

Yes, that’s it exactly. I think this is also one of those things that makes more sense when you see the sts on the needles along with the held sts at the center.