Help with finding a yarn color

Hello fellow knitters,

I’m new to this site. I have a yarn that I must have bought a while ago and don’t know what brand and color it is. I started knitting a hat and realized that It’s not going to be enough and need to buy more of it. It looks like Noro worsted. I cannot find the color on Noro website (as there are hundreds of yarn and colors available). I was wondering if anyone on this forum is able to help me.

Thank you,

Welcome to KH!
I wonder if you could narrow it down a bit by looking at Noro yarns on online yarn stores. Here’s a search at Webs for Noro. You can look specifically at worsted weight or maybe even bulky in wool or whatever you think the fiber is.
https://www.yarn.com/categories/noro-yarn

Do you remember where you bought it from? That can sometimes help narrow down the choices.

Lovely colours!

By the way, are you sure it is Noro? I am asking because Noro often has a “thick and thin” effect, and this looks pretty consistent. Just a thought!

Thank you. I have tried a few online yarn shops. But the colors are not quite the same.

I wish I knew the brand. I am guessing that it’s Noro. Also, the store changed ownership a while ago and they don’t have this color.

What other brands are similar to Noro?

Hmm, KnitPicks Chroma, maybe? But that’s only available online. Are you in the USA? I live in Australia so I’m not so familiar with US yarns, I’m afraid.

I just had the thought that your yarn looked less “feral” than Noro usually does :slight_smile:

Since it’s difficult finding the yarn and the exact color what about a complementing solid color in the same weight? You could put in a stripe in the solid and then continue in the multi-color yarn you have so that it wouldn’t look like you’ve run out of yarn.

1 Like

I can think of two possible (but not 100% likely) candidates:
Red Heart Unforgettable (can’t see a very close colour match, but it’s a similar type yarn - roving/single ply, that is).
Cygnet Boho Spirit (closest match I could see was Mojo)

Good idea. Thank you.

Thank you for your great suggestions. However, the fabric content does not match. I believe this one is a wool blend.

Ooh, if it’s a blend, could it be Katia Azteca?

(Click on thumbnails below photo for colourway swatches.)