Help with dropping st

Hello friends! I am quite knew in knitting, and I am afraid I am facing a confusion: (p1, drop yfwd). How? :frowning:

This video may be helpful

dear gcp, your video was very helpful, but i am afraid this is not the case exactly, well i think. so by dropping yfwd, does it mean to do yfwd to a purl stich?! :frowning:

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
It may depend on what the pattern was for the previous row. Can you give us a link to your pattern or a pattern name?
What is the entire row with the (p1, drop yfwd) in it and the row before this one?

Dear Salmonmac,

thank you for your quick reply. So i am working on a blanket “little birds” trying to knit the pattern “knots in bark” from the magazine letsknit. So the rows are:
row1: p1, p1, k1, p2, (k1, yfwd) three times, k1, p1, rep from to last st, p1
row 2: k1, k1, (p1, drop yfwd) three times, p1, k2, p1, k1, rep from to last st, k1

I would really appreciate if you could help me. I am making this blanket for my sister’s baby to come :slight_smile:

Thank you again

The yfwd is just as shown in the video that gcp linked to. Bring the yarn to the front over the right needle and then to the back to make the knit stich. On the next row, drop the yfwd (in the US it’s called a yarn over) off the left needle.

Here is a explaination of the stitch yfwd. And yes it like the purl stitch where the yarn is in front. http://en.allexperts.com/q/Knitting-2228/2010/1/YFWD-KNITTING.htm

I hope it helps. :knitting: