Help with bunny pattern?

Hi. I am new here and trying to figure out a section of a pattern I’m working on. I’ve been knitting on and off for about 2 years now, but haven’t come across this in any other pattern.

I’m doing this: http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60635.html

It calls for a cast on of 14 stitches on row 25. How would I accomplish this on a new row, in the middle of knitting?

I’m really lost.

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

there are a number of options, you could use the cable cast on method or knit-on your stitches, or you could even try the single cast on. all of the videos can be found on knittinghelp

You have to cast on more stitches in the middle of your knitting sometimes, like for button holes or dolman sleeves.

I was doing the backward loop cast on, but it is just extending the row. It needs to be on a new row right? Sorry if I sound like an idiot.

It’s supposed to extend the row. When you have 14 new sts, turn and knit back across them to the old sts.

You’re doing it at the beginning of the row, but it /does/ extend an existing row. Basically, you’ll end up with a shape more or less like this:

[CENTER]*****

*****[/CENTER]

So you cast on at the beginning, which extends the row, and do the same on the next row; and then a few rows later you cast off both of the stretches of extra stitches that you added.

Ooooooh! I think I got it. Thank you soooo much.