HELP with Berroco Link scarf

Hello!

I have a skein of Berroco Link yarn and I’m trying to make the free scarf pattern that’s on the label. I started this scarf a long time ago and just found it now but I don’t remember how to make it! So, I ripped it all out and now I’m trying to understand how to make this pattern again. I’m having a little trouble though. Hopefully someone on here can help me.

I’m using straight needles, size US 35

Here’s the pattern:

http://www.berroco.com/patterns/wink

Cast on 4 sts

[B]Pattern Stitch:[/B]

[B]Row 1 (RS)[/B]
(K1, yo) three times, k1-7 sts.

[B]Row 2:[/B] *P1, drop yo, make new yo, rep from * to last st, end p1

[B]Row 3:[/B] *K1, drop yo, make new yo, rep from * to last st end k1

Repeat Rows 2 and 3 until yarn is almost gone, end on RS
[B]
Next Row (RS):[/B] Purl, dropping yo’s - 4 sts. Bind off, working last 2 sts together

Ok, so I’m having trouble at the very beginning of this pattern with Row 1. I knit the K1, yo part three times. But then what does the next thing mean? I’m supposed to then knit 7 sts? I don’t think that’s right, because then it would be Row 2 already.

Get what I mean? From what I remember, this pattern isn’t hard at all. But a little tricky trying to remember how to do it.

Help would be appreciated! I tried looking it up on youtube but didn’t find any videos to watch to help me.

Thanks!
Angela

At the end of the row you will have 7 sts on the needle, that’s what [I]– 7 sts[/I] means. Anytime you encounter that at the end of the row it’s just telling you how many stitches should be on the needle. HTH

That’s a really cute scarf, looks pretty easy, Xmas is coming…I think I should make one. Thanks for the link!

Ok thanks! Ha, duh. I feel really dumb. I forgot how to read a pattern with that on it!

Thank you!
Angela