Help with arm and neck shaping.

I specifically need help on the right side decrease
I have needed for many years it’s been a long time however, and I am trying to follow the directions but I’m confused thank you

Welcome to the forum!
Which size are you making, the first, 2nd, 3rd …? And what is the name of your pattern?

Blue Sky Alpacas Brushed Suri Tunic.
Doing the small. It goes. XS, S, M etc

Doing the small. There’s an XS first then S.

Brushes suri tunic - blue sky alpacas.

Thanks

Amy

Very pretty sweater with beautiful lines.
On the first dec row (I’ve labeled it #1 in the photo), you’re going to work one shoulder leaving the remaining sts for later. Work the decreases as indicated and leave the unworked sts on the left needle on a holder or scrap yarn. Turn and work a row without decreases.
On row 3, work the decreases as given and then work a row without decreases.
You’ll be repeating rows 3 and 4 for the next 8 rows. Each time you work a row 3 there’ll be 2 fewer sts between the decreases. If you just work to the last 4 sts, you’ll be fine.

For the next set of directions [Sizes (S,M,L,XL,XXL ) ONLY] you’ll only be decreasing at the beginning of the row.

If that’s not the question you had, just write back and let us know.

So I will K2,ssk,k14 then what? The (18,21,25,28,32) is throwing me. Then it says after those numbers to ktog,k2,place remain 26 on holder for right front. I still am confused.

I don’t have a knitting store anywhere near me.

Thanks.

Amy

K2, ssk, k18 sts for size small then k2tog, k2. You should follow the 2nd number in the pattern (the first number in the parentheses) which is the number for size small. The 14sts is for XS, the 18 for S, the 21 for M, the 25 for L and so on. You can ignore them. It helps to circle the number for your size throughout the pattern.
When you get to the “Sizes (S,M,XL,XXL) ONLY”, you’ll follow the first number in the parentheses which is for size small

I get it now. I was all messed up and didn’t look at the numbers after kks- for some reason it was not computing in my noggen!! Thank you so much for your help!!!

Amy

1 Like

One more question. Where are the directions to work remaining 26 stitches I that are on the holder?

Ia that at the “rejoin yarn to right neck edge”?

Thanks. Amy

That’s it exactly, rejoin a new end of yarn to the remaining sts and work the directions that follow for the right shoulder and neck edge.

I don’t know how I found this website. But you are the best!

Amy Maron

1 Like