Help with adding new yarn when slipping first peg

Hi…
I am making a blanket (flat panel) and have finished my first skein of yarn. I have been slipping (skipping) the first peg. I’m seeking help regarding adding a new skein of yarn.

If I add the new skein it looks like I have to wrap all pegs (just like when you cast on). I don’t see how I can skip the first peg. Is this correct? Then, when I go back the other way, I can begin skipping the first peg again. Is this correct?

I just want to make sure I am doing this right before continuing. I hope my question makes sense. Thanks so much for any help.

Welcome!
There are a few loom knitters on the forum. Maybe @Daz or @WhampusKitty can help you out.

Ok…thanks so much.

I want to reply to this, but cannot sign into my account even though I have double checked everything and tried multiple times. Even tried making a new account, but it won’t let me use the same email, and my other throw-away email isn’t responding. I know it’s a competing site but, could you recommend they go to the Loom Knitters group at Ravelry? They will get help from a great many experienced loom knitters and designers there. One will be me.

I need to ask some questions to help them properly.

If they are using feltable wool than I recommend a spit or wet splice 2 pegs from the row end, leaving enough of the current colour to knit those 2 pegs. This way they can just continue knitting and do the slipped edge as usual.

If they are using acrylic there’s a few possibilities.

-Daz

They will need to become a member, but there is no personal info involved, and it’s free.

Here is the link:

https://www.ravelry.com/groups/loom-knitters

Ravelry - a knit and crochet community

Ravelry is a community site, an organizational tool, and a yarn & pattern database for knitters and crocheters.

www.ravelry.com

Thanks, Daz. Glad you were able to sign in and thanks for the referral to the Ravelry group.

Thanks so much to both of you for your help. Daz, I’m not sure what a spit or splice is. I’m more of a beginner :slight_smile: I did sign up at Ravelry as you suggested. Again…thanks so much. :slight_smile: