Help with abbreviation

I’m knitting socks from an Ann Norling pattern. In working the gusset she says “work in pat across & make bar inc in 1st st”. Nowhere does she say what a “bar inc” is, nor can I find it in any other place I’ve looked.
Marcia K

A bar increase is the same as a M1 increase.

Thanks for your quick reply! I will do the M1 increase as you suggest.
Marcia K

Hmm, according to Amy’s increases page, a bar increase is another name for kfb (knit into front and back of stitch) :shrug:

KFB - that’s what i’ve always considered as a bar increase too - as it makes the little bar…

:doh: :doh: Ooops! You’re right! Sorry!