Help with a shrug pattern

I’m working the shrug pattern found here – http://beatknitpatterns.blogspot.com/2005/08/bell-sleeve-shrug.html , and I need a bit of clarification on a line of direction (see below)

Work “decrease row” next row and every 9th (12th, 10th, 12th) row 10 (7, 9, 8 ) times.

I’m doing the size large, and I have to decrease every 10th row 9 times. Do I count the first decrease row in the 9 or do the directions mean to decrease 9 more times after the first decrease?

This is the first shrug I’ve done (the first one I’ve seen that I’d really want to wear), so I want to get it right.

Thanks to anyone that can help me out. :notworthy:

The ‘next row’ instruction is the first decrease row, and then also do it 9 more times.

The link didn’t work BTW.

That’s what I was thinking, but I wanted to be sure, because if I was wrong it would have messed up the pattern.

And thanks, I fixed the link so it works now.

Don’t count the first decrease row when doing decreases every 10th row. So, after finishing the decrease row reset your row count to zero.

1st Decrease Row.
Rows 1-9: no decrease.
Row 10: first decrease row of the 9.
You should finish the last decrease row on Row 90

[color=red]Ingrid, you beat me! You must’ve submitted your response while I was still composing mine. librarycat513, Ingrid usually is always right, so you can disregard my post. :wink: [/color]