Help with a raglan sweater

Hello everyone,
I want to know this sweater for my little guy, but I’m not sure about one aspect of the pattern. It’s the decrease for shaping the arm hole. Here are the instructions:

Keeping patt correct, cast off 3 sts at beg of next 2 rows. 52 [54: 56: 58: 60: 62: 64: 66: 68] sts.
Next row (RS): K1, sl 1, K1, psso, patt to last 3 sts, K2tog,
K1.
Working all raglan armhole decreases as set by last row, dec 1 st at each end of 4th and 0 [0: 0: 1: 0: 0: 0: 1: 0] foll 4th row, then on every foll alt row until 28 [28: 28: 30: 30: 30: 30: 32: 32] sts rem.
Work 1 row, ending with RS facing for next row.
Cast off.
It’s the bolded area I’m not understanding, would I be doing the decrease the first time, followed by a decrease on the 4th row, then 6th, then the 8th and so on until I have the right amount of stiches left over? (I’m doing the largest size so I have a zero following the forth to) thanks for any help anyone can give.

Hi Laura,
It looks to me you would decrease 1 st at each end of 4th row, 0 the next 4th row, then, 1 at each end at 6, 8, … til you have 32 sets left. I hope it helps!

That’s what I was thinking too, but was so unsure, you’ve given me the confidence to move forward. Thanks for your help @Daphnie!

I’m glad I could answer! Good luck!