Help with a Raglan Neck Shaping Please!

I’m working on my first sweater - a raglan knit in the round and am stuck with the pattern directions for the neck. They read:

Neck Shaping: K1, ssk, K across left sleeve to 3 sts before marker, K2tog, K1, s marker, K1, ssk, K across left sleeve to 3 sts before marker, K2 tog, K1, Sl marker, K1, ssk, k 17, place last 14 sts just knitted on holer for center front neck, K to last 3 sts before marker, k2tog, k2, sl marker, con dec rnd to left back raglan seam, then k across sts of left sleeve and left frong to st holder w/out dec and turn. (5 sts rem on each side of front). P one row. Next row: K1, ssk, K2tog, slmaer, dec as est around to last marker, ssk, k2tog, K1 (3 sts rem on each side of front) P1 row. Last dec row, Sl1 K2tog, psso, dec as est around to last marker, 3 tog, Plast row, leave rem sts on circular needle.

Sorry, I know that was a lot, but here’s my vexing question. after I put the last 14 sts on a holder, do i cut the yarn and start a new piece? should i use dpns, as the circular needle is too far away?

I really want to finish the beautiful sweater and I’m so close…

No don’t cut it, you have to knit some more, then knit the left front too. It says this:
“place last 14 sts just knitted on holer for center front neck, K to last 3 sts before marker, k2tog, k2, sl marker, con dec rnd to left back raglan seam, then k across sts of left sleeve and left frong to st holder w/out dec and turn.”

It sounds like you’re going to knit back and forth instead of in the round. You can use straight needle for that part, or put the rest of the sts on scrap yarn or a holder and knit with the circs.