Help with a pattern!

I’m trying to finish a hat for a present… the rib a roni pattern from ravelry. It’s pretty straight forward, but there’s one part I don’t understand. In the set up round for crown shaping, it says “ then work to the end of the round in established rib ending with a k2.” The established rib ends with a p1. The crown is supposed to be in 4 even marked sections of 24 stitches. I’m not sure how to end with a k2??!

Welcome to the forum!

There’s a note at the beginning of the crown shaping, “At beginning of round, remove marker, k2, replace first marker; this is the new location for the beginning of rounds)”.

When you do that the marker is in the middle of a k4 and the round ends with k2.

Which size are you making? I’ve made this hat mostly because I like the crown shaping.

Hiya!!

The crown was why I picked it so I want to get it right! I’m working the large so each section has 24 stitches. Maybe I did that initial part with the markers wrong?

For the large the repeat in the body of the hat is (k4, p1, k6, p1).
For the setup before crown shaping, remove the beginning of round marker that is located before the k4, k2 and replace the beginning of round marker. That’ll mean that the new beginning of round is in the middle of the k4. Like this (k2 | k2, p1, k6, p1).

Ahhh!! Restarted the row… does that mean every section ends with a split k4 so you end up with 24 stitches in every round?

I was able to finish it with your help and it turned out great! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Glad to hear it! Such pretty shaping. It would be lovely to see your hat if you’d like to post.
Yes, the sections will all have the split k4