HELP\ with a pattern!

I am going crazy trying to figure out why I can’t get this pattern to work? It is in Ravelry under “Be Simple Variations” by Carolyn Glauco-Todrank. I have started it several times but there’s something that I am doing past Row 9 that the shape becomes jagged. I’d love to hear from you what do you think that I am going wrong. I am going to try sending a picture of what I have … it is absurd! It goes without saying that I am relatively new at knitting! HELP!!

Many thanks in advance!

Monica

I found the pattern but will let someone else try to tell what’s wrong. I would have to work the pattern myself to see what’s happening.

Thank you … I hope to hear from someone about it.
M

It looks like you are not decreasing for the eyelets.If the pattern does not say to decrease before or after the yarn over, . If you decrease before, the stitch count will stay the same. The decrease would be a K2tog.

How are you doing “knit one front and back” They are referring to loops of stitch. You should be adding one stitch to each row. Try writing out your pattern.
Cast on 2 stitches.
Row 1: Knit one THROUGH the front LOOP and the back LOOP. Knit 1
stitch. 3 stitches
Row 2: Knit until one stitch remains. Knit one front and back. Knit 2 stitches then knit through the front loop and back loop of the next stitch. 4 stitches
Row 3: Knit one front and back. Knit until two stitches remain. Knit two together. Knit through the front and back loop, knit 1 stitch, knit 2 stitches together. 4 sts
Row 4: Knit until one stitch remains. Knit one front and back. Knit 3 sts then knit through the front and back of last st. 5 sts.
Row 5: Repeat row 3
Row 6: Repeat row 4
Row 7: Repeat row 3
Row 8: Repeat row 4
Row 9: Knit one front and back. K2
together. Yarn over.
Repeat between *ʼs
until 2 stitches remain. K2 together.

Thank you …!!! I am going to try again and let you know.

Cast on 2 stitches.

Row 1: Knit one front and back. Knit 1 stitch – 3 sts

Row 2: Knit until one stitch remains. Knit one front and back. – Knit 2 sts, knit last stitch front and back – 4 sts.

Row 3: Knit one front and back. Knit until two stitches remain. Knit two together. – Knit first stitch front and back, knit 1, knit 2tog – 4 sts (One increase and one decrease = same number of stitches as previous row)

Row 4: Knit until one stitch remains. Knit one front and back. – Knit 3 sts, knit last stitch front and back – 5 sts

Row 5: Repeat row 3 – Knit 1st st front and back, knit 2 sts, knit 2 tog – 5 sts (One increase and one decrease = same number of stitches as previous row)

Row 6: Repeat row 4 – Knit 4 sts, knit last stitch front and back – 6 sts

Row 7: Repeat row 3 – Knit 1st st front and back, knit 3 sts, knit 2 tog. – 6 sts (One increase and one decrease = same number of stitches as previous row)

Row 8: Repeat row 4 – Knit 5 stitches, knit last st. front and back – 7sts

Row 9: Knit one front and back. K2 together. Yarn over. Repeat between *ʼs until 2 stitches remain. K2 together. – Knit first stitch front and back (increase) , Knit 2 tog. (decrease), yarn over (increase), knit 2 tog (decrease), – 7 sts. k+ – kk – yo – kk – yo – kk

Row 10: Repeat row 4.

Rows 11-16: Repeat rows 3 and 4 three times.

Continue in pattern, repeating rows 9

through 16 until scarf has reached the

desired size, ending with row 16.

Bind off loosely in knit stitch.

Pattern Variation #2

Knit as above ending with row 16.

1 Like

It may also help to put a pin or other marker into the side that is facing for the odd number rows. Also keep track of row number. It’ll prevent skipping or repeating rows.

1 Like