Help with a Hooded wrap scarf pattern

Hi, I hope someone can help me with some instructions I have difficulty with. I am knitting 2 rows until my work measures 19" from needle along garter st edge to point. Place marker at each end of last row. I understand measuring my work to 19", but I don’t understand the rest. Do I measure like diagonally? I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks so much

Can you link to your pattern or post a few rows of the instructions. That would be helpful. I think you want to measure the length of the piece you’re working on.

Yes, there are so many patterns it would be helpful to have a link and the pattern name. You can type out the instructions about the 19" it would be good as well. Do not post the entire pattern though, just the part you’re having trouble with.

Did the scarf start with just a few stitches and increase so there’s a point where you CO? That would be where you measure from.

Thanks everyone. I will try to get this uploaded and send a link this week. Recently got laid off so don’t have access to scanner. Thank you all for the help.

Most of the time you can find the pattern online. If its a purchased pattern just give us more into…

Just the name of it or the book or magazine it’s from will help, we don’t need the whole pattern anyway, just a picture will be useful.