Help with 5 Hour Baby Sweater - Sleeves Miscalculation

Hi,

I am attempting to knit a sweater. This is my second time. The first time I got my counting off when it was time to knit the sleeves. Can someone look at the pattern and tell me what exactly this means…or explain it in a different way. This is where I got tripped up last time. Thanks!

"Knit 22 sts and place on a holder or waste yarn. CO 2 sts and knit across the next 27 sts (first sleeve), CO 2 sts, Working with another set of needles and on these 31 sts, work in stockinette stitch for 22 rows. Sleeve Decrease Row: K2, (K2 tog, K3) 5 times, K2tog K2. (25 sts left) Knit 7 rows. Bind off leaving last stitch on needle. With right sides together slip stitch sleeve closed being careful to close up all the holes at the underarm. Place last stitch on left hand needle. Knit 2 tog and knit across to next marker. Place back of sweater stitches that you just knit on a stitch holder or piece of waste yarn . Work second sleeve same as first. Knit across remaining stitches (Body Row 1) and now work body of sweater . "

Welcome to KH!
I just finished a 5 hour baby sweater.
Knit across to the sleeve. If you have a marker there, leave it in place. Cast on 2sts (I’ll attach a video for how to do that at the end of this post) . Now work across the sleeves stitches to the other marker. Turn as though you were at the end of a row and cast on another two stitches. Work back across a purl row to the first marker. You can drop that marker now. Turn and knit back and forth on just the sleeve sts for the given number of rows.
I do all this on the same needles. Just let thw other sts hang out on the needles while you knit the sleeves.
http://newstitchaday.com/cast-on-in-middle-knitting/

It seems not that hard. Let me try it first. pop up stands LOL