HELP! What is this hole thing?

What is this? I don’t think it’s a ‘slipped stitch’ because it doesn’t come undone, it just stays there, like a button hole.
Is there any way I can fix this without ripping? Why do I keep finding these? What am I doing wrong?
I tried to put a picture, but it’s not very good, very blurry, it is the hole in the middle of the knitting. ?!?
[B]THANK YOU[/B] again, for any help with this,
sue

It’s not a terribly big deal. I will assume you’re just starting on your knitting path?

Very often, a hole is a result of a stitch that was not completely brought through the old stitch. Happens a lot - even oldie goldies like me, knitting for 50 years, can get it.

And yes, there IS a fudge you can use. [I’ve dubbed it, Aunt Dot’s Fudge.] You just take a strand of the same yarn, thread it through both sides of the hole… and tie it securely. Now just take a needle or crochet hook and weave in both ends of your tie strand on the wrong side of your work.

Voila! A fix-it that, if you look close, you’ll spot it, but if you don’t know to look at that particular spot, chances are good no one else will notice.

As you said, sure beats frogging! I’d much rather dip into the Fudge Pot than go visit the Frog Pond! :wink:

Dot

lol

It could be a pass over. This meens you have wrapped the yarn around the needle without a stich on it.
I think you will have to go back and unwrap the yarn.

“The Fudge Pot” LOL! I like that.
THANK YOU.
I am kinda new at knitting…about 1 year now. I probably should have known by now about that hole thing.
Anyway, thank you so much for your advice! I’m definatley gonna be dipping into that fudge pot! lol!!
:muah:
sue

Yep. You just can’t beat Aunt Dot’s Fudge!! :woot:

Comes in LOTS of wonderful flavors. :thumbsup:

It is hard to see but I suggest that first of all …look very closely at the problem stitch and compare to other stitches to see if you can identify the difference. If they are the same and it is just a looser stitch–you could pull on the thread a little along the row to disperse the loose (larger) stitch among the other stitches on the same row. Make sense?