6: k3, p5, k3
7: p3, k1, m1 knitwise, k3, m1 knitwise, k1, p3–13 sts
8: k3, p7, k3
9: p3, k2, m1 purlwise, k3, m1 purlwise, k2, p3–15sts
10: k3, p2, k1, p3, k1, p2, k3
11: p3, k2, p1, m1 purlwise, k3, m1 purlwise, p1 k2, p3–17 sts
12: k3, p2, k2, p3, k2, p2, k3

HERE’S THE PART I’M OVERTHINKING AND NEED HELP ON::

[b]Continue working increases either side of center k3, working new sts into k2, p2 rib as established until there are 33 sts.

Continue even in pattern as set until front panel measures 15 inches from CO edge…BO.[/b]

I’m so confused on this part I can’t even tell you in words, more of a shrieking sound would be better. :teehee: So how do I do it? How do I know when to m1 purlwise or knitwise?

TIA for your help.

Have you started knitting this part yet? It might be easier to anticipate what the next row in the pattern should be after you’ve been working in it for a while and can see what it’s supposed to look like. Charting it out might help too. :shrug:

I’ve made it Row 12 and stopped because I can’t figure it out. I guess I’m just stuck on which row I do next and the row after that. Do I start over from row 1?

It’s sort of hard to see it when it’s all written in p’s and k’s, but there is a pattern to it. The edges are always 3 stitches wide (from row 4 on), and the center is always 3 stitches wide. What’s happening is that 2x2 rib is growing out of the center.

I think the easiest way to approach it is to do the stitches as they present themselves except for the center portion of your increase rows (the sections with the m1s). See how the increase portion of row 11 is the same as row 3? Well, the increase portion of row 13 will be the same as row 5, row 15 would be the same as row 7, row 17 would be the same as row 9, and when you get to 19, you’ll do the same increase portion that you did in row 3 again. Does that make sense? Just do that sequence of increase rows until you have 33 stitches.

I think it makes sense. Thank you so much for helping me with this :hug:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Okay, I’ve made it to the 33 sts mark, now the last part I still don’t understand.

And yes, I did that last part right thanks to you Jane. :notworthy:

What does this mean? Do I keep increasing like I just did? I’m at the number of sts that they said to do for her size, I’m so confused. (Once I finish this I’m taking a knitting break. It’s fried my brain.)

Continue even in pattern as set until front panel measures 15 inches from CO edge…BO.

Do I just knit the knit sts and purl the purl sts till I reach 15"?? :??

That’s how I would read it. :thumbsup: