Help undertanding pattern

I just started knitting a baby blanket and need help understanding the 4th row of the pattern.

4th row: k1.p1.k2 (p2.k2)3 times.k2.[B]*k3 (pass right hand needle under the crossed loops before next st. Draw loop through onto right hand needle to inc 1 st) for knit loop.k1 knit loop.
[/B]
I don’t understand how to knit the bold part. What exactly is the crossed loops?

Can you link to the pattern? It seems something is missing, to me at least. It might be perfectly clear to others.

The pattern is not online it is from a old beehive for bairns book. Here is the pattern:

1st row: (K2.P2)4times. P2. *k1. P11. Repeat from *to last 19 sts. K1. (P2.K2)4times. P1. K1.

2nd row:(K2.P2)4times.K2. Y fwd. K1. Y fwd. K2. P2. P3tog. P2. Repeat from to last 21 sts. K2. Y fwd. k1. Y fwd. K2.(K2.P2)3times. K2. P1. K1.

3rd row:K1. P1. (K2. P2)3 times. K2. *P7. K5. Repeat from * to last 23 sts. P9. (K2.P2)3 times. K2.

[B]4th row: K1. P1. K2 (P2.K2)3 times.*K3 (pass right hand needle under the crossed loops before next st. Draw loop through onto right hand needle to inc 1 st) for knit loop. K1. Knit loop. K3. P1. P3tog. P1. Repeat from * to last 23 sts. K3. Knit loop. K1. Knit loop. K3. (P2. K2)4 times.[/B]

Well…until someone who knows something checks in…
Maybe it’s a knit right loop (KRL) increase?

The crossed loops before the next stitch are the result of the yarn fwd or yarn over which is worked into (either knit or purled) on the previous row. On row 4 you’ll see crossed loops with the yarn over hole below them. I believe that’s the crossed loops that you should put the right needle under and draw the working yarn through. It’ll give you an increase.

Thank you salmonmac for clearing that part up :slight_smile: For the next part I am not understanding how to knit the knit loop if I have have it on my right needle?

The pattern could be clearer in writing this but “knit loop” means to pass right hand needle under the crossed loops before next st and draw loop through onto right hand needle to inc 1 st.
So when the pattern says to “knit loop” repeat the directions above. In row 4 you
K1. P1. K2 (P2.K2)3 times.*K3 [B]knit loop[/B]. K1. [B]Knit loop[/B]. K3. P1. P3tog. P1. Repeat from * to last 23 sts. K3. [B]Knit loop[/B]. K1. [B]Knit loop[/B]. K3. (P2. K2)4 times

Now I finally understand :woot: thank you for your help :slight_smile: