Help Understanding Instructions

Hi!

I’m knitting a dress top down. The pattern refers to everything as different yokes, which I am unfamiliar with.

It’s says , knit flat without increases until the back yoke is the same amount of rows as where the left front piece joins the right front piece.

I have no idea what that means or what I am supposed to do! It’s a open back dress with tank top like straps.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Welcome to KH!
What is the name of your pattern and designer?

It seems that you’ve already knit the front of the dress down to the join of the left and right front pieces. Is that correct? This would form the front shoulders and just close the neck opening at the front. Now you are knitting the back piece so that it is the same length as the front pieces if you fold at the top of the shoulder.
It’ll help to know the pattern you’re using.

Even that explanation helps a bit haha

It’s the Nata Dress by Ullen Knitwear

Great looking dress.

So the back part is really just the back straps. It may be that this is at or near the point where the back pieces and front join at the underarms.

Yeah!

I think so, I think I got it figured out! Thanks for your help!

1 Like

You have your answer, but just for future use–“yoke” refers to the shoulder area of a garment, often down as far as the bottom of the sleeve opening. Often, there is colorwork or a different stitch pattern, but the term is used for that part of a garment even if it’s plain. image

2 Likes