Help understanding a Rowan pattern

Shape Front Slope:
Row 1 (RS): K to last 9 sts, K2 tog, K2, K2 tog, yfwd, K3.
Row 2: P7, P2tog, P to end.

Working all decs as set by last 2 rows, cont in st st with 5 sts of front edging throughout as follows: Dec 1 st at front slope edge on next 37 rows.

I don’t understand this part…
Working all decs as set by last 2 rows, cont in st st with 5 sts of front edging throughout as follows: Dec 1 sst at front slope edge on next 37 rows.
THANK YOU,
Laurie

Repeat the two rows as written. There’s a decrease of one stitch in each row and the directions tell you where to place the decreases.
There’s also an eyelet on the RS row at the k2tog, yfwd. That should form part of the pattern on the front.
What is the name of the pattern? Can you give us a link to it?

The questions are regarding the front of the sweater.

Thank you

Ah yes, very delicate and pretty. The k2tog yfwd will form that eyelet detail that you can see especially here:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/HCY/kaneshon
and the decreases occur inside the 7 stitch front edge on both knit and purl rows.

Sorry to be so thick…
Shape Front Slope:
Row 1 (RS): K to last 9 sts, K2 tog, K2, K2 tog, yfwd, K3.
Row 2: P7, P2tog, P to end.
Working all decs as set by last 2 rows, cont in st st with 5 sts of front edging throughout as follows: Dec 1 st at front slope edge on next 37 rows.

I repeat row one and two for 37 rows…Can you show me where the dec 1 is added to these rows on the following lines?
Row 3:(RS): K to last 9 sts, K2 tog, K2, K2 tog, yfwd, K3.
Row 4: P7, P2tog, P to end.

Be glad too. Sometimes it’s just difficult to figure out what the designer wants. This is a good place to ask.
I’ve underlined the decreases in rows 3 and 4 (which are like rows 1 and 2). There’s not an additional decrease added to these rows in addition to the ones already there as far as I can tell.

I repeat row one and two for 37 rows…Can you show me where the dec 1 is added to these rows on the following lines?
Row 3:(RS): K to last 9 sts, [U]K2[/U] [U]tog[/U], K2, K2 tog, yfwd, K3.
Row 4: P7, [U]P2tog[/U], P to end.

Does the pattern give you stitch counts in any of these directions? That’s sometimes helpful in interpreting directions.

Thank you so much for sticking with me…You are correct, I have checked the count!
You are the best.

Delighted to help. We all are. Come back with any questions, anytime.