Help Understanding a pattern

Hello. Can Someone please help me understand the bind off directions in this pattern. I am totally lost.

I have already done this: "Work 17 sts, drop yarn, add another strand. bind off 38 center sts. finish row. "

Now the pattern asks me to do this:

“Working both sides at once, with separate strands, bind off 6 sts at beg of each arm side once, 7 sts once; at the same time, bind off 4 sts at beg of each neck edge once.”

I am confused becaue it never tells me to finish a row. I am not sure how many rows to do, or which bind off to do first. If anyone can make sense of this for me I would be much obliged. Thanks for your help!

OK, so now you have 17 stitches left on each side of the bound off neckline, (the centre 38 sts).

Now the pattern asks me to do this:

“Working both sides at once, with separate strands, bind off 6 sts at beg of each arm side once, 7 sts once; at the same time, bind off 4 sts at beg of each neck edge once.”

I am confused becaue it never tells me to finish a row. I am not sure how many rows to do, or which bind off to do first. If anyone can make sense of this for me I would be much obliged. Thanks for your help!

That’s because 6 + 7 + 4= 17 which is the amount of stitches left on each side of the neckline.

So, it sounds like you would b/o 6 stitches on the arm side, which would happen at the beginning of the row, then knit/purl to the end of the row.
Turn.
B/o 4 stitches. Purl/knit back.
Turn.
B/o the remaining 7 stitches.

And you would do this for both sides of the neckline, for shoulder shaping, I’m guessing.

Does that help?