Help to increase a pattern

The Moss Stitch Diamond baby blanket calls for casting on 125 st. for a 28 in wide blanket. Is there anyway to make this wider -like a 32-35 in blanket?

I’d suggest knitting a swatch for gauge, then figuring out how many more stitches to cast on to get another 5-7 inches in width. Also, does the pattern repeat, so that you’d have to do a certain number of stitches to come out correctly? If so, make sure you consider that.

Not much help, I know, but I just seem to “by guess and by gosh” when I am widening something like a blanket.

This the pattern you’re referring to?

The pattern stitch is 22 wide, which gives you just under 5" per repeat [I][U]if you’re getting gauge[/U][/I]. So if you add 22 stitches to the cast on and work the pattern as written, you should get a blanket almost 33" wide.

You could also increase the side borders from the 7 stitches, but that will throw off the proportions.

Thank you so much. Yes, that is the pattern. I knew there was a way to do that.

Sorry I hit reply too quickly. I just didn’t know how to do it.

I have another question. It says to work the first and last 7 st. in Moss St . This would be the border stitches. That would be a total of 14 sts. Is that correct?
So, would the rest of the pattern be in the multiples of 22?
In other words, after doing 7 st at the beginning in the Moss st. , would I then p1, *p4, (k1,p1) 2 times, k5, (p1,k1)2 times, p5? or, is the first p1, *p4, (k1,p1) the border ? I hope my question makes sense.

The way to do it is your first suggestion, work 7sts in Moss st, then the p1, p4, (k1,p1) 2 times, k5, (p1,k1)2 times, p5 and finally another 7sts in Moss. The original pattern has a cast on of 125sts (7+ p1 + 22sts repeat, 5 times + 7). You’ll be increasing by doing more repeats of the 22sts as lewister suggested.
Lovely pattern!

Thank you so much for your help.