Help to Bind off back of jumper

Hello,
I am working on my first big project, a knitted jumper. I have worked the back of the jumper to the top and now have to bind off each side on 2 rows 6x5 stitches.
The jumper has a design with knit stitches and purl stitches on every row right and wrong side (making zigzag 3D lines across it). I just would like to check if it is correct to carry on following the pattern of the design this is to say use pattern binding and then carry on stitching as described on the pattern for the rest of the line (on each line). For example my pattern says:

Row 1: *knit 2, purl 2 start again from *

Row 2: *purl 1, knit 2, purl 1 start again from *

Row 3: *knit 2, purl 2 start again from *

This means I need to bind off 5 stitches and start purl 2, *knit 2, purl 2 till the end of the row

Then I will bind off 5 stitches on the wrong side and start with knit 1, purl 1, *purl 1, knit 2, purl 1, etc…

Am I correct?

Thank you for your help as I am feeling quite confused right now!

image|1080x1111 .

Welcome!
Yes, that’s the idea. It’ll take 6sts to work the bind off of 5sts. Really the best way to work this is to look at your knitting and determine how to pick up the stitch pattern after binding off. If subtracting the sts from the pattern rows is easier for you then go ahead.
It is a very interesting and attractive stitch pattern.

Thank you so very much for your help!
I have just finished the back and I am very pleased with the result. Now I am left with the front and collar to do :smiley:

3 Likes

This is looking fabulous. You must be so pleased.

1 Like