Help reading a pattern

Hi,

I am a beginner in knitting but a bit bored in doing simple things…although I guess for an advanced knitter the next question will be boring too. Anyway I was going to knit a lovely side slip cloche but have really issues in reading the pattern. It reads:
Row 1: (RS) K7,p1 4times
Row 2: K1, p7 4 times
Row 3: K5, k2tog,p1 4 times, 28 sts rem.
Rows 4, 6, and 8: work in rib patt as established (working sts as they appear)
Row 5: K4, k2tog, p1 4 times, 24 sts rem.
etc…

So I understand how to start but then struggle with Row 4, 6 and 8. Work in rib patt as established means what exactly? Do I repeat the stitches from the previous row?

As I said for others that might be really obvious but fro some reason I have got a knot in my brain!

Please help.:grphug:

I am happy to provide more information if needed.

Thank you! :muah:

Knit the knits and purl the purls as you see them. Do you know how to “read” your knitting and recognize a knit from a purl? (I don’t mean to be snarky–often people don’t recognize the stitches.) If you see a knit and knit it, and see a purl and purl it, the ribbing pattern will continue. If you do it backwards you’ll know right away, because you’ll have moss stitch.

Morning Becky!

Thank you. I thought it will be that easy and I thought I tried that. I know what you mean with recognising the stitches. Sometimes I still have problems with it…will try it again and try to concentrate more! Without watching the bake off! :rofl:

A big thank you again! :thumbsup: