Help reading a pattern in row 7

My directions are as follows:
Row 5: k4, *k2, yo, k1, yo, ssk, Dec, k2tog, [yo, k1] twice; rep from * to last 5 sts, k5.

Row 7: k4, *k5, yo, Dec, yo, k4; rep from * to last 5 sts, k5.

In row 7 the Dec doesn’t specify if I should just knit 2 tog or ssk, k2tog. Could you interpret the row for me? Thanks for your help

Since row 5 also has Dec along with ssk and k2tog, maybe it’s another type of decrease like a double decrease. Looking at the repeat in row 5 there’s 4 YOs, and with 2 single decs, the other would be a double dec so you offset the YOs. Row 7 has 2 yo and no other decs, so it should be a double one. Look to see if the pattern eplains it because it could be sl 1, k2tog, psso, sl 2, k1 psso, k3tog or sssk.

Thanks again Sue - I checked the pattern again for directions and found: Dec - Double decrease: Slip next 2 stiches knitwise at the same time (as if to k2tog), to right needle, k1 from left needle, then slip both slipped sts over k1 at the same time.

Now I am wondering in Row 5 if I knitted that row wrong — it has a Dec in the instructions.

Yeah, if you didn’t do a double dec in row 5, you’ll have to redo it. Count the sts in the repeat, you should have 12 sts in it.

Sue, you have been most helpful. This is the first time I have logged into the forum and asked a question. Thank you again - now I can knit this afternoon and watch the MSU Spartans!!!:woohoo:

I lived in Lansing a few years a while back. Not a big Spartans fan, hated game days, too much traffic to go into EL.