Help Reading a Basic Pattern!

I recently just started a knitting project but I’ve gottwn stumped with the pattern.
I’m still figuring out my right side and wrong side but perhaps that’s where I’m going wrong.

—————————————————————
The pattern is as follows:

Change colour every 10 rows from turquoise to blue.

Row 1: kfb, k to end. (2 sts)
Row 2: pfb, p to end. (3 sts)
Row 3-10: rep Rows 1-2 four times. (11 sts)
Rows 11-20: kfb, k to end. (21 sts)
Rows 21-30: rep Rows 1-2 five times. (31 sts)
Etc

————————————————————

Row 21 is where I’m stuck, the first set of 10 rows looks like knit stitch, the second set of 10 rows looks like purl while when I start the third set of 10 rows the knit stitch is on the wrong side.
Please help :sweat_smile:

Sorry I just saw this! Do you still need help? Please tell us the name of your pattern and link if possible, but don’t post the pattern itself here due to copyright issues.

The back side or wrong side (WS) of stockinette looks bumpy like purls, the front or right side (RS) is smooth and looks like V’s. If the pattern is supposed to be stockinette then make sure you only knit on the RS and change color on the RS. Patterns like this can be confusing because some of them count the cast on as a row and it’s easy to add or skip a row when counting and knitting. If you need to knit/purl another row to get yourself to the correct spot for the color change.

@Jan_in_CA
Thank you for reaching out, I’m afraid I still need help with the project.
The pattern is one from a knitting magazine I bought a couple months ago, I’m sorry I didn’t realise before posting that it wasn’t allowed.

I’ve tried following the pattern as best as possible from what I understand it doesn’t count casting on as a row. After knitting the first 10 rows in turquoise following what I wrote in my first post I then changed colours to blue following kfb the start of each row then carrying on knitting the rest of the stitches.
However the blue part is bumpy on both sides with no clear v shapes like my firt turquoise part.

Going on to the next 10 rows in turquoise when I tried follow the pattern repeating what I did with my first turquoise bit but the bumps are on the wrong side as are the V’s.

The photo of the finished piece in the magazine shows that each 10 rows rotate from V’s to bumps to V’s and so on. It really has me confused, thanks again for all your help!

I’ll include some clearer photos

Posting part of the pattern is fine and helpful. You can still tell us the name of the pattern even if it came in a magazine.

Edited my comment. See Salmonmac’s comment for correct answer! I was sleeping on the job apparently, sorry!

This is the pattern from your first post.
Row 1: kfb, k to end. (2 sts)
Row 2: pfb, p to end. (3 sts)
Row 3-10: rep Rows 1-2 four times. (11 sts) (Stockinette)
Rows 11-20: kfb, k to end. (21 sts) (Garter)
Rows 21-30: rep Rows 1-2 five times. (31 sts) (Stockinette)

So it looks to me like stockinette for the first 10 rows as Jan posted. Then knit every row for 10 rows as in your first photo. The photo shows turquoise stockinette at the point, then blue garter stitch for the following rows. Then, as Jan wrote, it looks like you may have lost count of the rows. You need to knit one more row in blue before you start the stockinette section (green).

Oooh! You are right!! Will edit post!