Help pls!!! Dec at armhole

Hello guys,
I don’t really understand the pattern:

Dec at armhole edge in 2nd foll 4 rows.

I’m doing the left front of a cardigan, the full pattern is:
Dec at armhole edge in 2nd and foll 4th rows 9 times in all, then in alt rows 2 times, AT THE SAME time dec at front edge in 2nd and foll 4th rows 8 times in all.

Pls help!! Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Dec at the armhole edge in row 2, then rows 6,10,14,18,22,26,30,34,and 38. Finally dec on rows 40 and 42.
While you’re working these decreases at the armhole edge, dec at the front edge on rows 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30 and 34.
The “in all” is a little ambiguous but if you have stitch counts before and after the decreases, that should help.
What is the name of your pattern?

Thank you so much!!!

The pattern name is moss border cardigan with vee buttoning, it from Patons book 5000.

Your answer make me understand a lot, but i think it not correct. It because that i need to have 2 stitches left. But i calculated in your way, it will leave me no stitches left. Then I realised that the ‘in all’ mean it including the 2nd row’s decrease. Which it should be 38 rows in all.

1 Like

OK, great. That’s the ambiguity I was referring to. So make the number of decreases the total number including the decreases in row 2. Thanks for figuring that out.

Very sweet pattern!

Well, i just started to learn knitting. I made a lot of mistake all ready, i learned that calculating stitches and rows is a really important things for beginner. It is really frustrating to redo everything.

This is the first time i asked question, and you are the first person answered. I’m so happy!

Thank you so much again!

This is the right front, it said dec at armhole edge in next and 4th rows.

Is ‘in next’ the 2nd or 1st row?

“Next” is the row immediately following the row with the cast off of 2sts.
You’re doing really well. All those mistakes seem frustrating but you’re learning at the same time.

I finished! Thank you so much!

1 Like