Help, please!

Hello. I really hope someone can help. I am knitting a child’s cardigan and have come up against a part in the pattern which I really don’t understand. It was all going so well and I have reached the neck, I have 34 stitches on my needle and this happens
Row 1 (ws): K2, turn
Row 2: K2
Row 3 (ws): K, k2tog, turn
Row 4: Sl 1 st from right hand needle onto left hand needle, take to back, K2togtbl, K1.
Rep rows 3 and 4 , until 11 sts rem on left hand needle for border pattern.
Next row (ws): K3tog, patt across all sts to end (25) sts

I just can’t get my head around where the 11 stitches on the left hand needle come from. I have tried to follow this but I can only understand it as working on the same 2/3 stitches all the time. I did it until I only had 11 stitches in total thinking this was right then I came to the last instruction I have written and suddenly I’m supposed to have 25!! I am not an expert in knitting but thought I could work out most things.
I am from the UK so apologies if the instructions are not quite as you would see them, I don’t know if there is much difference between the US and UK.
Thank you so much for any help
Jenny

Welcome to the forum!
It does seem strange. Is this one of the cardigan fronts?
Can you tell us the pattern name or give us a link to the pattern?
What is the next row? Does that help you make sense of the 25sts?

Hi. Thank you so much for your quick response. I’m glad it’s not just me that’s confused! Yes it is one of the fronts. I’ve checked the other front instructions and they are exactly the same. The next instructions are as follows

Place marker at beg of last row for collar placement.
These rows create a curved edge to top of border.
Work 1 row
Next row (ws): cast off 3 sts at beg of row (neck edge) 22 sts

And then it continues in pattern until the end.

Unfortunately the pattern is from a magazine and I can’t even remember the magazine now. It’s called Girls Pea Coat by Designer Yarns but that doesn’t help much.
Thank you.

So it sounds like the 25sts isn’t a mistake. They really do want 25sts. In that case, I would work until there are 27sts on the left hand needle. The k3tog on the following row will bring you to 25sts and then the pattern proceeds.

I’m assuming the “11sts” is the error. I couldn’t find the pattern or a photo online either.

Thank you. I shall give that a go.