Help, Please!

Could someone decipher these instructions for me??
This is a leg on a doll…
Shape Instep
Next row: k16, turn
Next row: P6, turn.
Working on these 6 sts. only, work 8 rows in st st. Break yarn and leave these sts on a spare needle. With RS facing, fejoin yarn at base of instep (how do I know what the instep is??) and K up 7 sts down side of instep, K 6 sts from spare needle, K up 7 sts up other side iof instep and k rem 10 sts. (40 sts)
Beg with a p row, work 3 rows in st st.

The instep is the section that you are doing that has just the 6 stitches on the needle, back and forth, for 8 rows of st st. So when you are done working those 6 stitches for 8 rows of st. st., you have just made your instep.

So when you start out purling across those 6 stitches and turn, there will be 10 stitches that you didn’t work (since you only purled across 6 of the 16 stitches). It is those ‘10’ stitches that are referred to in the very last part of the instruction you typed out highlighted above.

With RS facing, fejoin yarn at base of instep (how do I know what the instep is??) and K up 7 sts down side of instep, K 6 sts from spare needle, K up 7 sts up other side iof instep and [B]k rem 10 sts[/B]. (40 sts)

I already figured out the first part, but this is the part that has me puzzled…What is knitting up?? I really feel confused…:eyes:

You will go back to where you started knitting just the 6 stitches and going down the side pick up 7 stitches, then knit the 6 stitches on the spare needle, then pick up 7 stitches up the other side which should bring you back to the 10 stitches you haven’t been knitting and continue on.

knit up is just a different way of saying ‘pick up’ (stitches).