Help, please! Super Stuck

Hello,

I am new to the forum, although I have viewed the forum many times. I am super, super stuck on a pattern. I am making a cat scarf as a Christmas present and the paw claws are getting me.

Here is part of the pattern:

Shape back legs
Row 226: K6, bind (cast) off 12 sts, k to end.
Cont on 6 sts just knitted only, leaving rem sts on needle.
Knit 11 rows.
Change to B.
Knit 8 rows.

Step 3

Shape paw
Next row: K2, turn and work on 2 sts just worked only.
Knit 3 rows.
[B][I][COLOR=“Red”]Next row: Bind (cast) off 1 st, [pick up and k 1 st from row ends, bind (cast) off 1 st] twice, k next st on needle, bind (cast) off 1 st, k1.
* (2 sts) [/COLOR][/I][/B]
Rep from * to ** once more.
Knit 3 rows.
Bind (cast) off 1 st [pick up and k 1 st from row ends, bind (cast) off 1 st] twice.
Break yarn and fasten off.

Where I am stuck is the red part. I have tried and tried and tried (+ a bunch more tried) different ways and now I have just totally messed it up in my mind. Is there anyone out there that can break it down for me?

Thank you so much for any and all help!

Here is a picture of the scarf:

Thanks again so much!

Hi and welcome!
It took a while but the pattern does work.
Knit the 3 rows on the first 2sts, turn and knit 2, bind off 1. You have one stitch on the needle. Pick up and knit one stitch from the end of the row below.(this should be the end nearest the sts remaining on the left needle) and bind off one stitch. Now pick up one stitch from the row below that (a row nearer to the leg side) and bind off. You’ll have one stitch on the right needle. Knit one stitch of the 4sts on the left hand needle, bind off one stitch, knit one more stitch from the left hand needle (2sts).

At this point you start the repeat by again knitting 3 rows in garter stitch.

Ty very very much! You are a lifesaver.

Just wanted to let you know your instructions worked out perfectly! Thank you so much for spelling it out for me! It has taken me longer to get 1 paw done than the body of the scarf. lol :woot:

So glad it worked out. Good for you! It’s certainly a fun Christmas present.

Oh my gosh, I just had to comment on that scarf, it is adorable! I’m a huge cat lover. Where could I purchase the pattern from?

Thanks!

Good news! Here’s a link to the free pattern:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tabby-cat-scarf

Oh great, thank you so much, it is cute!