Help Please: my pattern seems to end before finishing the round

I recently bought a knitting kit from Aldi. It’s for stripy socks knit in rounds with circular needles. I’ve never knit socks before and thought it might be a fun quick project. However it is turned out to be a real headache.

It starts out fine by knitting 44 sts in several rounds.

Then half those sts are used to make the heel while the remainder sts are kept in the circular needle.

Once the heel has been made (ending with 14 sts), stitch markers are placed on each end of the circular needle and with that same circular need 11 sts are picked up without knitting from the heel. The 14 sts on the DPN from the heel is transferred onto the circular needle, then 11 sts are picked up without knitting from the other side of the heel. This gives now 58 sts on the circular needle with stitch markers between the 22th & 23rd stitch and also at the end between the last stitch the beginning of the next round.

So far so good

The pattern now reads:
Round 1: Using yarn colour B, slip the first stitch marker, then K all sts until you get to the second stitch marker, slip it to the right needle, K1, SSK then K all sts until you get to 3 sts before the first marker. K2tog, K1, slip the marker to the right needle (56 sts)

Round 2: Slip first st, then K all remaining sts in the round, slip the stitch markers as you pass them (56 sts)

Round 3: Change to yarn colour A, Slip stitch marker, K1, SSK then K all stitches until you get to the 3 sts before the next marker. K2tog, K1, slip the stitch marker (54 sts)

And this where I am stuck! There are still unworked stitches remaining to finish the round. Do I assume to knit to the end of the round after I slip the second stitch marker? But if I do that, the decreases do not occur in the same place if I read on in the instructions (see below). Does that matter?

When I read on in the instructions:

Round 4: Slip first st, K all remaining sts in the round, slip the stitch markers as you pass them (54 sts)
Round 5: Slip stitch marker, K1, SSK then K all sts until you get to 3 sts before the next marker. K2tog, K1, slip the stitch marker (52 sts)

I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!

Welcome to KH!
I agree that the decreases should all occur in the same place. This seems like decreasing the heel gusset.
Round 3 should probably be a repeat of round 1:
Round 3: Change to yarn colour A, Slip the first stitch marker (if you haven’t already, knit to the 2nd stitch marker, slip marker, K1, SSK then K all stitches until you get to the 3 sts before the next marker. K2tog, K1, slip the stitch marker (54 sts)
Same goes for round 5.

Can you give us the name of the Aldi pattern?

Thanks so much!
I think this is exactly the fix! :ok_hand: I can’t see how it could work any other way.

I’ve knitted 11 more rounds with this correction and it works and looks good.

It’s a shame the pattern wasn’t tested before going to print. I’m sure this has had many knitting novices scratching their heads.

Thanks again :smiley:

Really cute socks. We’d love to see a photo when you finish.