Help please, i'm near tears!

I got this patern online. Asks for a mini-bobble and then a bobble.

The instructions are:

MB=mini*bobble:
K1, p1, k1 all into same stitch. you will now have 3 stitches from ONE stitch (HUH?) Take the tip of left needle and lift the furthest away over the top of the other 2, then lift the second over the first one-ta da mini-bobble made!

HUH?

Could someone please break this down step by step because I have no clue!!! 6 hours later I’m frustrated and just about ready to give up!

basically you are knitting into the front of the stitch (like you normally do) but NOT pulling the stitch off the needle. Then you knit into the back of the loop and still don’t pull the stitch off the needle, THEN you go back and knit into the front of the loop again…and finally you pull the stitch off the needle. (if you go here and scroll down to K1 F&B you will see how to do the first two parts of that and all you have to do is just knit into the front again to finish that stitch off.

Now once you have all three of those stitches on your right needle then you take the first one you did (the one farthest from the point) and pass it over the other stitches and then do the same thing with the one that was second from the tip.

hope that helps some.

[color=red][size=6]Do not follow my instructions…i was letting my snot fogged brain lead me in the wrong direction! :oops: [/size][/color]

Hope this helps~~Knit 1 stitch and before you drop the stitch off the left hand needle, bring the yarn to the front of your work and purl 1 stitch into the same stitch you just did the knit stitch, and again don’t drop the stitch from the left needle and bring yarn to the back and make another knit into the same stitch. Once that is done, drop the stitch off the left hand needle and you should have 3 stitches on your right needle. Take the tip of your left hand needle and pick up the first knit stitch you made and lift it over the top of the other 2 stitches and drop it off the right hand needle, then do the same with the stitch you purled and lift it over the last knit stitch you made and drop it off the right needle. Now you have one stitch remaining on your right hand needle, and that makes the bobble.

I hope this makes sense~~( I hope it is right :shock: )

Lisa

oh crap…i am sorry i didn’t notice the purl part…sorry!!!

So, am I creating new stitches??

Knit one, then take the loop I pull through the knit (without taking the original one off needle) put that onto the needle, and then p1 in that loop? (without taking off needle) and then k1 (without taking off needle?) so i end up with 3 stictches from the first? and then “cast off” the first 2?

sigh!

well essentially that is correct. basically when you are done with the bobble you won’t have any more stitches on your needles than you started with but you have to pass those other two stitches over to make it happen.

Fran,

You will need to knit into the stitch as usual, but do not take it off the left needle. Bring your yarn to the front and purl this same stitch, still not taking it off the left needle. Then take your yarn back to the back and knit into this stitch again, then slip it off the left needle as usual. You will now have on your right needle three new stitches. Take your left needle and insert it into the third new stitch on your right needle and lift it up, over, and off the right needle (it will kind of wrap this stitch). Then take the second stitch on your right needle and lift it up, over and off the needle. This will make your bobble and you will end up with only the one new stitch holding the bobble on your right needle. Clear as mud? Hope this helps.

Mary

Knit one and keep that stitch on your right hand needle without dropping the left hand needle stitch, you are then going to purl into the same left hand needle stitch you just did the knit on. and then knit again into the same stitch. You are basically using the same left hand stitch 3 times before dropping it off the needle.

Lisa

Fran,

You will need to knit into the stitch as usual, but do not take it off the left needle. Bring your yarn to the front and purl this same stitch, still not taking it off the left needle. Then take your yarn back to the back and knit into this stitch again, then slip it off the left needle as usual. You will now have on your right needle three new stitches. Take your left needle and insert it into the third new stitch on your right needle and lift it up, over, and off the right needle (it will kind of wrap this stitch). Then take the second stitch on your right needle and lift it up, over and off the needle. This will make your bobble and you will end up with only the one new stitch holding the bobble on your right needle. Clear as mud? Hope this helps.

Mary

who knew making toes could be so goofy!!!

I think I might have it here!!!

:cheering: :cheering:

Bobbles are so hard!!! :crying: It took me forever to figure this out. I couldn’t figure out that what you are doing is M1 (make one) over and over and then pulling those stiches you made over each other like you do when casting off. I think Amy is working on video of this. If anything needs a video this stich does.

Now all i gotta do is figure out how to take this hand knitted patern and turn it into a machine knitting patern!

errrr!!!

I have the “ultimate knitting machine” and eventually I want to do this baby feet patern into squares and make a baby blanket for my now expecting sister.

Sometimes, I curse my addictive tendancies! ya know, when I was making scarves, knitting relaxed me…and now that I want to try something new, i am just about as relaxed as a bear high on caffine!

:wink: