Help please! Adjusting the numbers of stitches for sizing

Hi all, I found this pattern for fingerless gloves on an inactive blog. Since I have tiny wrists and hands, I casted on only 24 stitches instead of 34. I’ve finished the first 22 rows. Now I need help figuring out the directions for my adjusted number of stitches.

Yarn: 50 g of your favorite worsted weight (I use grams here rather than yardage because in every pair I made, I was able to get a pair out of a 50 gram ball, regardless of yardage, and I had a little bit left over.)

Needles: US 7

Abbreviations: K = knit; P = purl; SS = stockinette stitch; M1 = make one increase

Both Mitts:

Cast on 34 stitches.

Work K1, P1 rib for 18 rows.

Work SS for 4 rows, ending on a purl row.

For Right Mitt:

K17, M1, k3, M1, K to end of row.
Next row: Purl.
Work SS for 2 rows.

K17, M1, K5, M1, K to end of row.
Work SS for 2 rows.

K17, M1, K7, M1, K to end of row.
Work SS for 2 rows.

K17, M1, K9, M1, K to end of row.

You should have 42 stitches at this point.

K28, turn work, P11.

For Left Mitt:

K14, M1, K3, M1, K to end.
Work SS for two rows.

K14, M1, K5, M1, K to end.
Work SS for two rows.

K14, M1, K7, M1, K to end.
Work SS for two rows.

K14, M1, K9, M1, K to end.

You should have 42 stitches at this point.

K25, turn work, P11.

For Both Mitts:

On these 11 stitches, work K1, P1 rib for 4 more rows or until you reach desired thumb length. Bind off loosely. Break yarn leaving approximately 18" tail. With tail yarn, seam up thumb from top to bottom. After seaming, continue using tail yarn to pick up two stitches at the base of the thumb and then K to the end of the row. Rejoin yarn.

Work remainder of the mitt in SS to desired length, minus one inch, ending on a purl row.

Work six rows of K1, P1 rib. Bind off loosely. Seam mitt down outside edge.

Try 12 to start the right hand one, 9 for the left. The thumb stitches, I might cut back to 9. See how it works.

How about at the end of the right mitt when it tells me to K28 turn work and P11

Knit until you get to the end of the thumb stitches, turn and purl the (probably nine, rather than eleven) thumb stitches, and work the thumb as it says.