Help on shaping left front of vest

I’m knitting the “Garter Ridge Vest” from a Nashua Handknits booklet. I do not understand these directions on the armhole and v-neck shaping which states:
"Next row (RS): Bind off 6 sts, work to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1 (neck edge). Cont. to shape armhole at side edge as for back, AT SAME TIME, dec 1 st at neck edge every 4th row 13 times more–15 sts. Work even, bind off.

I understant bind off 6 sts, work to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1 (neck edge). It’s the rest that I am lost on.

Here’s the back armhole shaping:

“Bind off 6 sts at beg of next 2 rows, 2 sts at beg of next 4 rows. Dec. row (RS): k1,ssk, work to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1. Repeat dec row every other row 3 times more. Work even for 8”. Bind off.

Can someone explain this shaping please? I had no trouble on the back armhole shaping.

Thanks in advance,

Knitaholic:shrug:

Work the beginning armhole decreases as you did for the back, but end the row with the neck edge decreases.

So you’ll bind off 6 as stated in the directions and work to the neck edge and work the decrease.

Work one row even.

Bind off 2 stitches, work to end

One row even

Bind off 2 stitches, work to end and dec at neck (this happens every 4 rows)

One row even

Bind off 2 stitches. . .

One row even

k1, ssk every other row, work to end, decreasing at neck edge when necessary.

Thank you, Ingrid for your quick response. You always make things seem so simple. I don’t know why, but I have difficulty understanding shaping (unless it’s written out sentence by sentence). When directions are vague or not written out, I just don’t get it. Maybe, eventually, with more experience, it’ll get easier.

Thanks again,

Knitaholic:hug: