Help on Chic Knits for Stylish Babies

I am knitting the tie front sweater from chic knits for stylish baby and i am stuck with the pattern understanding

I had 69 sts on needles and beg raglan shaping: BO 4 sts at beg of next 2 rows; then at 1 st in from each end of alt rows, make (2 single dec, 1 dble dec, rep from * to * 5 times in all)2 single dec, 1 dble dec, rep from * to * 5 times in all, then 2 single dec{3 single dec, 1 dble dec, rep from * to * 4 times in all, then 3 single dec} (use k2tog or k3tog to dec on RH edge and SKP or SK2P to dec on LH edge)

when piece measures 7: BO 21 sts…

is there an typo area here or ??? :?? i got no clue how to do this raglan decrease at all…

your assistance is greatly appreciated …:muah:

is that last part supposed to be “when piece measures 7 inches?” The best thing to do is just do each stitch as you go. Don’t think of it as a whole series of things to do, but just do the stitches in order not worrying about the whole package. See if there are any instructions somewhere in the pattern as to how they want you to do the decreases (k2tog or ssk, etc.)

yes 1 single dec is slip 1 knit 1 psso…dble dec is sl 1,k2, psso… if you add up all the decreases here it does not left 21 sts …

dble dec is sl 1,k2, psso

This is slip 1, k2[B]tog[/B], psso. It decreases 2 sts, not just 1.

sorrie typo error… can you proof read the pattern for me suz ? do i just do the decrease as written ?

after BO 4 sts in the following 2 rows …then at 1 st in from each end of alt rows, make (2 single dec, 1 dble dec, rep from * to * 5 times in all)2 single dec, 1 dble dec, rep from * to * 5 times in all

[B]does that means that i do the double skp, sl1,k2tog,psso in the whole row or do that in 5 rows when they mean 5 times in all ???[/B]

It looks like it means to do both a single and double dec at each end for 5 alternating rows, then 2 singles and 1 dbl dec at each end for another 5 alternate rows, but I’m not certain. I don’t know the pattern, so I can’t say for sure.