Help needed to understand the pattern

Hi. I am a beginner knitter. I am new to this forum. I am knitting this Fairy Leaves Knit Dress by BERNAT. The instruction says knit the knits and purl the purls as they appear to last four stitches.
Now I do understand knit the knits and purl the purls. But the meaning of “as they appear to last four stitches” is unclear to me. Any help os appreciated.
Thanks
Arati

Knit the knits and purl the purls until you have 4 sts remaining. Is this at the back? If so you’re probably doing the opening for buttons and buttonholes in a different stitch pattern, maybe garter stitch, with those last 4 sts.

Welcome to K H
‘As they appear’ just means as you see them. Are you doing the reverse side?
It’ll be lovely to see a photo when you’ve finished :grinning:

Oh ok. How stupid I am. :no_mouth: Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help. Sure I will share the photo but it will take time to complete since I don’t get much time to knit. But I will post the photo once its done. :blush:

I respectfully disagree. The wording is confusing and you are not stupid.

Not at all !!
It’s those who dont ask for help when they’re not sure of something that could be called stupid.
Good luck with your project :smile:

Hi friends. I am facing one more query here. I have a row with increase in stitch with yarn over and the next row says knit the knits and purl the purls. So do i have to treat yarn over as knit?

Yarn overs are purled on the next row unless the pattern says otherwise. Enjoy working this darling little dress!

Hello friends,

I have completed my little fairy knit dress with your help of course.

It was fun to knit this dress <3

Here are the photos as promised.

Regards,
Arati.

You did an amazing job with it,well done :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:
You have inspired me to make one for my baby granddaughter :smile:

Lovely little dress and beautifully knit! The color is grand and the pattern has worked perfectly. Thanks so much for the photos. They are a delight to see.