Help me with this strange yarn, please!

I’ve bought the yarn in the pic above,and I want to knit a scarf with it,but I don’t know how to do it!
I know there’s a special way.because the shop I bought this from had the instructions.but they were Turkish and I didn’t understand a word!:frowning:

when finished,every row should be upon the other.like for example gable roof or something.I don’t know how to describe it better!

please,please,tell me how to knit a scarf with it!
I would be really thankful!^^

There are a couple yarn companies that make yarn like that. Here is lionbrand’s version, called Ruffles.
http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/patternFinder.fcgi?V2=1&search=Search&searchText=&craft=Knit&cost=&subcategory=&componentCategoryKey=1694575&categoryKey=&edition=&size=&searchType=0&publisher=&search=Search
I’m sure each of these free patterns includes a tutorial how to knit with it.

I can’t think of any of the other brands/names. I know I’ve seen some in catalogs like Herrschners/Mary Maxim. I know there are other free patterns and tutorials for this type of yarn.

Yep - that first pattern that Marilyn linked to has a video tutorial that goes along with it. Click on the “free pattern” button and right underneath the picture is a link for a video and written instructions.

Welcome to Knitting Help!

If you have a link to the yarn or at least a name that is listed on the ball band it would help us answer better. :thumbsup:

wow,thanks so much Mirl 56!
I searched the name of the brand and yarn and found the instructions.
there was also that video Sunchine’s mom mentioned and it was great!all I needed really!
the secret is that you can’t knit that yarn alone.it must be knitted along with an ordinary yarn.
it’s so wonderful guys.believe me!you should try it at least once!!