Help me understand this pattern please it may aswell be written in greek

patterns

I am really stuck, This is my first ever knit and it has taken me weeks to get to where I am in the pattern, upto now when I have got stuck I have spent a great deal of time on you tube, but I cant find the answer to what this means in my pattern, …", to shape the shoulders cross off at ends, every 2 rows, 6 sts., 5 sts.
twice (4 sts. 3 times - 5 sts. twice, 4 sts.). When work measures a total of 2 cm. from beg. of
shoulder slant cast off the rem. 68 (64-66) sts. " please can someone translate into my numpty language for me, what is cross off? and is this referring to slope on the shoulders, I am so frustrated , any guidance would be magnificent x :confounded:

Welcome!
Can you give us the name of the pattern or a link? CO means cast off in this case. There’s a very nice Glossary on the site (link at the top of the page on the right).

Can you quote these particular instructions exactly, tell us the size you’re making (1st, 2nd or 3rd) and give us the stitch count before these cast offs?

Thanks for the welcome,
I have downloaded the pattern off love knitting website it is the Citrino blouse .
Maybe I have taken on too much for a beginner ?
I have knitted the largest size.

I have just got 2 3rds up the first bit …the back, any help would be great many thanks

OK, thanks for the pattern information. It’s not too difficult but probably a poorly edited translation.
For the largest size, cast off 6sts at the beginning of the row, work to the end of the row, turn and cast off 6sts at the beginning of the next row then work to the end of the row (12sts cast off). Repeat this sequence, casting off 5sts at the beginning of the next 4 rows. That’ll be another 20sts cast off for a total of 32sts decreased.

We can see the pattern so, because of copyrights, please delete the part of your post that quotes the pattern. You can use the small pencil icon in the lower right of the post.

Thank you
Your very helpful, cleaver and experienced, It makes more sense now
regards