Help me read my pattern

I need help with my pattern.

Here’s the first few instructions…

With smaller circular needles, CO 96 sts.
Join and work in k1, p2 ribbing for 6 rnds.
Change to larger circular needle.
Rnds 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5: K2, p2, k6, p2; rep from to end of round.
Rnd 6: K2, p2, c6f, p2; rep from * to end of round.

Rep from ** to ** 3 times.
Re rnds 1 and 2 again.

So, first I’ll knit 6 rnds doing knit 1, purl 2. Then I’ll change needles (How do I do that, btw?). Next for rnds 1 through 5 I’ll knit 2, purl 2, knit 6 and purl 2, right?

Now for rnd 6 I’ll first do the knit 2, purl 2, cable 6 forward (I’m going to teach myself how to do it when I get to that part (:pray: ) and then purl 2. After I do that then I’ll just go back to knit 2, purl 2, knit 6, purl 2 to the end of that round. Right?

I’m not sure I understand how to Rep. from ** to ** 3 times. My brain is hurting as I sit here and try to figure it out. :?? Wait, maybe I do understand. I’ll knit a total of 18 rows, right? Just doing the same things I did for rounds 1 through 6? Then it says Rep rnds 1 and 2 again, so does that mean just do it again for 2 more rounds?

If so, why don’t the instructions just say rep. from ** to ** for 20 rows? Or is it that I have it all wrong? :shifty:

Oh, and I forgot one thing. I need to change colors every 4 rnds. How the heck do I keep track of that? :help: I feel like my head is going to explode any minute now. :lol:

Not so very hard…please don’t explode…your knitting will be way too messy! LOL

You’ve got the 18 rows thing right. You repeat the whole 6 round business 3 x for the total of 18 rows. Then ya do rounds 1 & 2 again. Easy.

To change needles, you just knit your sts onto the new needles! Simple.

Rnd 6: [size=7]*[/size]K2, p2, c6f, p2; rep from * to end of round
I believe you’re missing an asterisk in that line…

You’re probably supposed to insert cables all across the row, no?

Hope this helps!

Diane

oh, and about the color change thing…
just put a hatch mark on a piece of paper after you finish each round
when you’ve got 4, change colors!
no prob
Diane

Thank you! :cheering:

Yes, your right. There was supposed to be an aesterick there. :doh: