Help me fix my mistake - right side and WS reversed

I am very new. I’m knitting a ‘four row lace pattern’ that repeats. that pattern. The pattern is :
row 1 :K2, yo, sl 1, k2, PSSO the 2 knit stitches and off the needle repeat until there is one stitch left on needle. K1

row 2 : purl across

row 3 K1, sl 1, k2, PSSO the 2 knit stitches and off needle. YO repeat from ** to ** until there are 2 stitches left. k2

row 4: purl across.

Okay - now for my problem. I accidently repeated row 2. So, I took out the one row, the repeat, VERY CAREFULLY. I inserted my needle into the loop before pulling the yarn out, so that I didn’t drop any stitches. Then, I continued. And, I have done several rows since then.

PROBLEM: now the pattern (right side) is on the wrong side.

How can I fix it?? I’d like to unravel back to the mistake, but don’t know how to do that OR - if that is too hard, I’d like to continue from here (keep the several rows of mistakes) but get the pattern back on the right side.

can someone help?
thanks!

It sounds like you repeated a row twice again, somewhere along the line. Hence your being on the WS.

Here is a page that can help you rip out the row(s). There are several ways to do this.

I’m also wondering how bad it really looks. If it doesn’t look too bad, maybe you can just repeat the row you just did to get yourself back on track. Chalk it up to newbie mistake. We all have them.

Good luck.

PROBLEM: now the pattern (right side) is on the wrong side.

How can I fix it?? I’d like to unravel back to the mistake, but don’t know how to do that OR - if that is too hard, I’d like to continue from here (keep the several rows of mistakes) but get the pattern back on the right side.

Maybe you put the stitches on the needle from the wrong side? Is you yarn at the needle tip, or at the other end?

If you knit Row 2 twice, then you would unknit the 2nd repeat and you should be back at the end of row 2 and ready to start row 3.

sue

Thanks for your input.
Yes, the yarn is on the needle tip.

It sounds like I have 2 options from here:

1. continue and leave the mistake, chalking it up to the learning experience
    or
  2. unravel back to a spot I am sure is correct

With option 1, I need to know how to get the pattern to jump back to the right side. ?do I just repeat one of the purl rows?

with option 2, I need to know how to make sure that I can unravel and not lose the whole project. The "YO, sl1, K2, PSSO . . " rows scare me when I think of unravelling . that sounds complicated. ?Would i just unravel until I am at a purl row and start from there? AND, how will I know if that purl row is row 2 or row 4 ?

thanks for your help,

ugh! I’m travelling and at a hotel. the internet connection is horrible and i can’t view the video on ripping out rows - guess i’ll have to check it out when i get home. Thanks

Option 2 - go back to where you know it’s right. Take a smaller needle, or one that you have, go back and poke it through the stitches on purl row. Don’t worry about if the stitches twist, you can fix them when you come to them. Pull the end back to the needle and you should be ready to go. You can look at the row before that one to see if it looks like you did R1 or R3. R 1 starts with a k2, yo - an increase; R 3 starts with k1, psso - a decrease.

sue