Help me decide

I have this cool skein of Mountain Colors Twizzle.

It’s 250 yards of worsted weight. I need something to knit with it. I found an entrelac scarfthat uses 250 yards (It says!) I don’t know if the variegated nature of the yarn would be too “busy” for that pattern. What do you think?

And do you have any other suggestions??

Did you look on Ravelry? There are several scarves made using this yarn that are very pretty. The only entrelac ones are knit using two colors though.
http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/mountain-colors-twizzle/projects?status=&category=scarf&craft=knitting&color=&photoless=0&search=

The multidirectional scarf would be pretty with this yarn I think. There’s a few of these though that came out really pretty, too.

Don’t think you can go wrong with it - it’s beautiful! A hat or fingerless mitts would be pretty with this yarn too.

That is one gorgeous hank of yarn! :inlove: I think the scarf pattern you chose is very pretty. The one in the picture is also varigated and I don’t think it looks too busy.

Can’t wait to see the finished product.

I think the yarn and the pattern will be beautiful together. Good luck I would like to see the finished piece:thumbsup:

Hi Lisa,
I think the variegated yarn will be beautiful. I did a baby blanket with similar (but not as elegant) yarn. See my Post on “Trying Out Entrelac” to see how it turned out.

Good luck!

Thanks! I actually finally decided on the Irish Hiking Scarf, but with only 2 instead of 3 cables. I like the way it’s turning out so far.

I’ve got two other yarns in mind for the entrelac—haven’t decided yet!

Off to check your post! :slight_smile: