Help - Lion Brand Child's Raglan Sweater Pattern question

I’ve started knitting the Lion Brand Child’s Raglan Sweater pattern. http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/kwec-raglanPulloverChild.html?noImages=

I’ve knitted the back, but now I’m on to the front and got to the Neck Shaping section and am confused (this is my first sweater).

Instructions say:
Neck Shaping Cont to work Raglan Armhole Shaping as for back, join 2nd ball of yarn and bind off center 6 (6, 6, 6, 8) sts. Working both sides at once, dec 1 st from each neck edge every other row 2 (2, 2, 2, 2)times. When all Raglan Armhole Shaping has been worked and piece measures same length as back, fasten off rem 1 st each side.

When I knitted the back, the raglan armhole shaping said to Dec 1 st each side every 3rd row (0) times (for my size) - so I ignored this decrease and went directly to the dec 1 st each side every other row (14) times, ending with 12 stitches bound off.

So, now on the front, it said to work as for the back and bind off center (6) stitches, working both sides at once, etc. What do they mean? Do I knit until I reach the center 6 stitches and bind if off and conitnue with the decrease?

This is my first sweater for my daughter and I’d hate to mess it all up.

While I wait for someone to help me through this pattern, I’ll continue with the sleeves,

Thanks,
Betty

The neckline on the front of the sweater is lower than in the back, so you’ll continue working the raglan decreases on the sleeve edges as you have and at the same time work the neck. So you’ll use the two balls like they said, working each shoulder with it’s own ball.

So, knit across the first shoulder, bind off the center 6 with a new strand and work to the end. Now each side has it’s own strand. Work the neck decreases and the raglan decreases at the same time.